Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Love Life, Live Life

I am very happy to report I was first place and only female finisher of Run D Amore 125 miler.
In a time of 30:07, I was expecting a 33 or 34 hour finish.
This race was the same formate as RDV 100 which was held in august.
They did not have the 125 mile option so I ran the 100 miler in 24:27 I think. Have to check it could of been 25:27 ;-). I had just came off the 224 mile John Muir trail fastback when I ran it.
I was excited that they were having it again and adding the 125 miler.
I had just run Javelina 100 miler 12 days before so didn't think I would be fast. Guess what I was my splits were
Marathon 4:20- 50k 5:25 - 50 miler 9:28- 100k 12:03- 100 miler 23:30- 125 miles 30:07.
My positive attitude and my smart nutrition plan worked well. My last 3 hundreds have went very well for the most part. I think I finally have it figured out. It's taken me 86 hundred mile finishes to do so.
I was most looking forward to running the last 8 miles with my dog Truman.

Fast Jerry paced me through the freezing ass cold night , it got down to 26 degrees. He was awesome as always when it comes to crew and pacer he is the best.
I want to thank Alan & Rajeev and the volunteers and everyone who ran.
I love an event where everyone can cheer each other on.
The race had a 50k, 50m, 100k, 100m and 125 miler. Next year they will get rid of the 125 and make it 135 miles woo hoo!
I am now official qualified for the Spartathlon in Greece, and I have the fastest 125 mile time for females this year since I don't know of any other 125 mile race this year!


Missy B. said...

Congratulations! Awesome job at this race and all of your adventures so far this year. You are amazing!

Johann said...

Wow, awesome Catra! Congrats! I am stealing a quote from you and will post it on FB. Hope you don't mind! You are such an inspiration. Keep it going!

Pinkcorker (Renee) said...

I saw these day of the dead tiles at our local art show here in Tucson, AZ and I was thinking of you. Hope you enjoy them! Way to go on your 100 mile finishes. You are really running well!