Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Respect the distance or the distance won't respect you! It will eat you up, spit you out and make you beg for mercy" - Unknown
I had a blast training in Sierra madre for 5 days. Ran the road up to Chantry and back. And ran out of Baily canyon and ran the Mt. Wilson trail. I love Sierra Madre such a beautiful place.
I got to visit with my boyfriend Andy, I always love spending time with him. Rocky came so the whole family was together.
I got to see George V a few times he is one of my crew guys for Badwater 135.
I am finally getting into this whole road running thing. My body is getting use to it. I still will allow myself a few days a week to touch dirt below my feet. I just have to or I will die.
Heading for some fun in Yosemite Friday hopefully we will run up to Half Dome and it will be snow free ;-) the cables are down so my roommate and I will head up since we don't need a permit until the cables are up.
Looking forward to going to my favorite place.
Ok I'm a busy girl gotta run............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are quite an inspiration. keep it up!

Neil Scott said...

Hi Catra,
You always seem to have some great scenery to run through, it must be very inspirational. I always like the balancing photos.
I'm slowly getting my mileage up these days but nowhere near the amounts you guys cover. I did a 14km along a cold windy beach in Adelaide this morning.
BY the way are you into the Green Smoothies being a vegetarian? just bought a Blendtec and am getting into more leafy greens.