Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. Walter Elliott


Breaking news: I am no longer going to run Badwater...it's a long complicated story so I will give the short version..Personal issues. I decided I will run it next year in July but not with the race. I will make as part of my 709 mile journey stay tuned for details. So this Summer I will attempt the woman's unsupported record on the John Muir trail and also the Tahoe rim trail. I know it's not the best year with all the snow but I have a month off to have some fun in between hundreds and pacing Andy at Angeles crest 100.
I had a great weekend working at the Mt. Wilson trail race in Sierra Madre and hanging out with Andy and Rocky and meeting a facebook friend Daniela from Germany.

Once again I am very sorry to everyone who helped out and donated to my cause. I will be running for a cause when I do my attempted speed records this Summer. I wish I could be running Badwater but it turned into such a negative thing with a couple people involved. I am truly sorry but will go big next year. Thanks to everyone who always supports what I do and is willing to help make my dreams come true.

6 comments:

Ewa said...

Actually I am excited for you, and maybe for me too. I will be doing JMT with my son this summer so maybe we will get to see you zoom by us as we battle suncups.
Do you have dates for your JMT run?

Olga said...

Run whatever your heart wants you to. Much better for the soul:)

Firecracker said...

I think you're awesome! I think you have a great shot at those records, you're in amazing condition! The good thing about all the extra snow is once it finally melts, they'll be more water available along the trail. Also you did your homework on the TRT last year, so you know what to expect and what to avoid.

San said...

This is your life and your decision, if Badwater this year doesn't sit right with you, then it's right to skip it. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Best of luck with your other planned stuff. You truly are an inspiration to me.

Greetings from Leipzig

slomodave said...

"I wish I could be running Badwater but it turned into such a negative thing with a couple people involved."

To quote - or paraphrase - an old line from Seinfeld:

"People, they're the worst!"

RunSueRun said...

Catra, best wishes for the JMT and TRT! You will have way more FUN on the beautiful Sierra trails then the hot pavement anyway!

Love the photo of the bears (above). :)