Monday, December 21, 2009

ITS NOT ABOUT BEING RIGHT OR WRONG...........
Let go of your attachment to being right and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment. Ralph Marston
More fun pictures from my 45 hour b-day run. Did I tell you I was sick when I was out there. Crazy how during the run even though I was coughing up phlegm and blowing my nose constantly my energy level seemed fine. Most people mentioned to me, you shouldn't be out there if your sick. But I know if I go out and run, I will feel better in the end. And I did.
I thought of my sister a lot who passed away from a drug overdose. When it got tough I kept moving thinking about her struggles and living on the street in and out of jail. I fought and pushed hard. That was how she had to live her life.
I often get depressed after running a 100 miler or this case 130 miler. You are so high from the huge accomplishment but then it's over. But the good news HURT 100 is just around the corner in less then a month. I will be running it for the 10th time. The past 3 years I have only finished the 100k. 2010 will be my year to shine.
I want to finish the 100 and I will. Knowing my next 100 is coming up I won't be sad for long.
I ran 4 miles today and felt great. Tomorrow I will pack, I am driving with Rocky to spend my b-day and Christmas with Andy. We will leave Thursday morning.
I hope you all get to spend time with those you love.
It's a special time and no one should be alone during x-mas. Have a Happy Holidays.

7 comments:

mindful mule said...

Congrats on a super weekend of nonstop running! Love the photos of Mission Peak area (as always) - so old California - must be a beautiful place to run. Happy Winter Solstice! Here comes the sun...

wirehairedrunner said...

Catra:

Your entry today touched on a subject that many of us may be dealing with. Check out Dean Karnazas's blog on the same subject. Best to you!!! You are doing amazing things and I really enjoy your blog and the PHOTOS.

http://dean.runnersworld.com/

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your birthday run! I really enjoy your blog, especially the encouraging, positive tone of it.

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to offer your thoughts: I ran my first 50 miler (Helen Klein) last fall and am thinking of biting off a 100 miler. Any recommendations for a first 100 miler?

Thanks for your inspirational blogging!

Tam

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Have a good x-mas Catra!

brendaontheRun said...

All the best Catra for the holiday season and 2010!

PunkRockRunner said...

Thank you for a year full of inspiration and smiles. All the best to you this Holiday Season and have a safe and happy new years.

Take care,

Ron