Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Be Good to Your Body

If anything is sacred, the human body is sacred.
What a fun weekend sorry I haven't updated. Shannon did awesome on the Chase Charity 24 hour run. She logged in 88 miles even with a sore ITB and sore feet. This woman is amazing she has touched so many peoples lives through the years and has been so giving to me, and all her friends. Being around Shannon makes me want to be a better person. She is a true friend. That's why I love this girl.

It was so fun being part of this event, I logged in 50 miles and had a blast. I love the trails where she lives. The weather started off overcast but ended up being hot and humid. We ran out of water, but thank god there were some workers out there that had a cold water cooler strapped to their truck.
Shannon had so many friends and neighbors come out to help. Ashely a CNN reporter from Atalanta ran her first Ultra out there 50 miles way to go girl. She learned a lot from Shannon and me. She will pace Shannon at AC 100 later this month.
I cant believe how tough Shannon is she was feeling so bad and had to sleep, but still managed to get up after an hour and keep moving even though she felt awful.
I loved the night time when the kids came out to do a loop on their horses and some young people did 9+miles never having done more then 5. She has inspired many to train and run a marathon or ultra.

We had Jimmy & Kate Freemen and their friend Katie come out after running Bulldog 50k. Even Andy Kumeda who marked the course worked an aid station and slept one hour he came out to cheer Shannon on.
She raised lot's of money for the foundation. She also tested the new dress line by MoeBen that will be out in Fall. She looked beautiful in her dress.
If you see me wearing the skirts and dresses I am testing them and they won't be out until Fall just to let you know. Shannon will keep me posted and I will let you know since many of you want to know how to get them. You can't right now but I will let you know when they are on the market. But for now you can go to moeben.com and order arm sleeves and leg sleeves.

Shannon, thank you for letting me be part of your journey. You are amazing and I want to be like you when I grow up.

No comments: