Saturday, March 07, 2009


The Four of Wands card suggests that my power today lies in bonding. I celebrate our common connection, success, or attraction and recognize the equal status, protection, or reputation that results in the formation of this union is merely the beginning or negotiation of something new. I am empowered by positive results within the partnership and I transform through teamwork or marriage.

Today I enjoyed a beautiful day spent with my wonderful friends along the Ohlone trail. We ran 20 miles, and spent 6 wonderful hours together. Julia, Mike and I did the whole 20 miles and FJ Jerry joined us for 6 miles, he was only able to be out for a bit he had a game to go to.

I really enjoyed spending time with Mike and Julia. I have been running with the both of them longer then anyone else. In fact Mike introduced me in Julia in 2001.

I had seen her many times before but he is the one who hooked us up.
We go way back and they both have played key rolls in many successful 100 mile solo journeys. They have served as pacer and crew. They have joined me when out of the blue I decided I want to run 62 miles for a training run. Sure they think I'm crazy but they are too for coming along with me during my wacky adventures.

Sure Julia and Mike will tell you how we almost died together last year during an epic on Donohue pass.
Mike will tell you how he was pacing me in Yosemite in the High country during one of my solo hundreds and we got stuck in a lightning storm.
Julia will tell you how I convinced her to do a run in one of the worst storms in the Bay Area one night. We crawled on our hands and knees up Mission Peak so we wouldn't blow off. it was to dangerous to reach the summit so we had to hold on to each other, in the rain and hail just so we would blow off.

I'd say they are true friends I love my friends very much, and cherish all the memories I have stored in my brain. With out them there would be no epic stories to tell.


I will be taking there memories with me when I run C2M 100 next Friday, and using their energy to get me through the race.
Check this out it's cute :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZHmsVRshwU

1 comment:

jb said...

Hey Catra, I just saw that you invited me to this! Thanks, I'm so touched and I really need to get a 20 miler in before the AR50 to make me feel a little more secure. I was out backpacking with friends in Point Reyes and taking it easy. Looks like you guys had a great day!
I would love to run Mission Peak with you sometime after seeing all your pictures. My job gets a lot more flexible in April and May, so let's do it!