Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Five of Swords Tarot card of the day::::: The Five of Swords card suggests that my power today lies in the upper hand. I can outwit or outlast and I choose my battles wisely. This puts me in a superior position. I know when it's time to hold, fold, or walk away. I am a survivor and am not easily defeated. I am empowered to gain the advantage by turnabout and my virtue fair play.
Do the these eyes tell you the story?? I am debating on making my move out of the warm dry car, to the cold wet and fierce weather of the outside.
Of course I got my ass out of the car :) This is my last training week for my next 100 miler. So I need to do as my trainers at crossfit Oneworld would say "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP" I did just that and went on a 5 mile romp along the Quarry lakes/Alameda creek trails.
Asyou can see it was just me and the ducks...They were all paired up must be mating season. Seemed everyone had a partner. It was fun watching them waddle around.
It poured the whole entire time. But after I finished and changed it stopped for a little bit. It's coming down hard now.
I went to crossfit and got my booty kicked just like I always do. My hands are still wrecked. from "Fran" and my arms where sore from "Randy" yesterday.
It only makes you stronger..Right???
WOD 3/3/2009

There are several options for today's workout:

Option #1-
Complete 30 muscle-ups for time

Option #2-
Complete 60 jumping muscle-ups for time

Option #3
Complete 90 pull-ups an 90 dips (ring or bars) for time

I did option #3 time 9:13.
Thanks to coach Will who always motivates me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra,

Yes, you are strong, woman!! That's what is so great about you.....strong inside and out and an inspiration to both women and men alike!

I did the 20k Pacific Trails run in Oakland on Sat and saw Jolynn! I am stretching and swimming this week to recover a bit and next week.....Crossfit!! I am determined to focus on CF even if it means to cut back on running and all the other stuff I do.

So, see you at the box!!

Sara

jb said...

you're awesome. i couldn't face the rain in oakland this morning. 10 miles on a treadmill. no iPod. that's worth something, right?
i'm backpacking point reyes this weekend but training hard for the AR50...hope to see you on the trail someday!

Victoria said...

"Suck it up, Buttercup"= might be my new mid-race motto.

Unknown said...

I like it, and will steal it for my new mantra when I am Crossfittin' and runnin'.

My hands were no where near as tore up as yours were and it kills just to grip the pull up bar.