Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look Ahead

Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies.
Ann Landers


So today I was going to get up at 5:30am but I set my alarm for pm. What a dummy so I just decided I would run 8 miles on Mission Peak and do 50 squats every 2 miles. I also did tabata squats at the top. Doing squats builds strong legs. And that's just what I need to have next month at Coyote two moons to finish in a good time.
Everyone who runs me knows this rock. It is where I stand on the top when on Mission Peak. It is actually the high point on Mission peak, not the pole which most people think. I stand on this rock and always say a prayer to my loved ones who have passed away. I ask my angels to guide me and to watch over me when on the trails.
I was actually happy I was out later then planned I saw a pair of Mule deers that looked to be in love standing near a rock just watching me run. Had I been earlier I wouldn't of seen them.
Mount Diablo looked foggy and Rose peak looked to have a lot of snow still.
I am running 100k on the Ohlone Friday starting at 6am from my friend Jerry's house. If anyone else wants to join us let me know. Mylinh, Joe and Jerry all plan on running 100k with me. Three of us are training for Coyote two moons. if the weather is good and I feel great I may go back out longer..Maybe 100 miles we will see ;)
Live is challenging me in many ways I'm still working on figuring out how I will pay for the race's I wanna run this year. I plan on going for a few speed records on a few trails too. But that doesn't cost much. No entry fee. I am just giving it up to the universe and hopefully the answer will come.
Beautiful mule deers below Mission Peak.

WOD 2-18
run 2 miles 50 squats 4 rounds. Didn't time myself. Totally 8 mile run 200 squats.
Tabata squats 20 sec. work 10 sec. rest 8 rounds (16 reps) low score

3 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

LOVE that last shot! What a sight!

Shannon said...

Beautiful shot of the deer. Love your attitude.

Unknown said...

How did I miss this picture of the deer?
You seriously have a very special place to run out there for sure.