Friday, January 09, 2009

If you do your best in the search for personal freedom, in the search for self-love, you will discover that it's just a matter of time before you find what you are looking for.
Today I did a 20 miler from Mission Peak on the Ohlone trail into Sunol and back it was crazy windy.
I started with Sara, Jolynn and Boomer. Jolynn & Boomer did a shorter loop since she wasn't feeling well. Sara was going to just go to the top and head down 8 mile run. We started up the peak it was dangerously windy so bypassed it on the way out.
I ran with her to the Junction to the Peak trail then headed back and down into Sunol.
I had the whole trail to myself which is always a treat. I was just planning my trip for Hawaii in my head.
On the way back I went up the peak and it was pretty dicey . Thought I was going to get blown off. I was really fighting to keep my balance. I saw a guy coming from the other direction and he got knocked over twice by the wind.
I was happy to be heading down.
I decided to hit up the 5:15 crossfit class since one of my favorite coaches was teaching, Bradass he is an awesome athlete and coach.
click to view
Here is todays work out.


WOD 1/9/2009

Perform 100 pull-ups for time. The catch: Every time you let go of the bar, you must do 10 burpees. Post time and number of burpees to comments.

If you cannot do a pull-up, do 150 jumping pull-ups broken up in 6 rounds of 25 jumping pull-ups and 10 burpees. I did the jumping pull-ups/burpees
time:16:43

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Pull ups are so hard but sooooo good for the body.

Can you give me a break down of what a burpee is. Thanks.

Jo Lynn said...

I sure was happy to get back to my car with Boomer. He even got blown off Horse Heaven Trail a couple of times. It was crazy wind, that's for sure. Glad I got to spend a little time with you though. And Sara is a super nice person. ;)