Friday, May 23, 2008

Well my plans have changed was going to go to Yosemite but my friend bailed on me. And I thought to myself do I really want to deal with the crowds , they are doing road work going into the valley and it's already a pain in the butt, but this holiday weekend it will be 100 x's worse. So plan is now to drive to Sierra Madre to visit Andy. I will take Rocky with me. It will be a long haul. I get of work today at 9:30pm and hope to be on the road at 10:pm.Do you ever feel like no one understands you when you're trying to make a point??? I wish sometimes people could read my mind. I find myself going back to bad habits and I get short with people because they don't understand. I think I need to meditate more. Maybe that would help.
Today I went out for a 3 mile run which turned into a 6 mile run then into an 8 mile run. In the end it turned out to be 10 miles. I needed to clear my head and think about some things. So before I knew it I just kept going. I do feel great after running my 100 5 days ago. I'm ready for San Diego 100. I'm hoping to get some night running with the SoCal runners tomorrow night.
There is a lot of smoke from the fires in the Santa Cruz mountains. I hope they get it under control. Also looks like the Mount Wilson trail race has been postponed because the recent rains caused slides in the area.
Can't believe how quickly our weather changes.
GOD GIVES YOU ONLY THE PRESENT, MOMENT BY MOMENT.
How much of your precious day do you invent in the past?Everything from your past except wisdom and love has long since served its purpose. Witness what calls to you from yesterday and why.

Tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of my PCT journey how fast time has gone by. I miss those times and have taken so much I learned out there into my present life. Sending my thoughts to all the through hikers who are moving down the trail. Have a safe journey.
a link to my blog from my trip. http://www.catrapct.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Alan said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time now after I found it listed on another's blog site.
I don't go a day without checking out your blog. I just wanted to tell you that what great respect I have for you for being and doing what you believe in and what you want to do!

I hope you got out of work in time to go see Andy and hope you had a great weekend with him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra,

I love your blog and outlook on life. I can't believe the amount of running that you do, and on top of CrossFit as well!

I read through your blog and I saw that you said you had some trouble with the NORTH FACE trail shoes you bought for POSE running. I am currently trying to find some good shoes to start running and POSE, and I wanted to know what specifically you didn't like about the Cooper Hills.

I love your blog, keep up the inspiration!