Thursday, March 27, 2008


CrossFit is a comprehensive health-and-fitness program designed for universal scalability; meaning so long as you're committed, you can get started regardless of experience level. Rather than change programs, we change our loads and intensity to meet the demands of everyone from the elderly to champion cage fighters.

CrossFit focuses on all ten elements of optimal physical fitness:

1) Cardio/Respiratory Endurance
2) Stamina
3) Strength
4) Flexibility
5) Power
6) Speed
7) Coordination
8) Agility
9) Balance
10) Accuracy
These pictures were taken on my 15 mile run today up the Mt. Wilson trail. The wildflowers were out in full force. It was warm and foggy at the start but once I got to Manzanita ridge it was sunny on top.
Andy and I are going to Disneyland Saturday, I'm super excited.
Now is a time of commitment. Decide upon your direction or goal and begin the journey towards it. Take time to recognise the patterns that have sabotaged you in the past and eliminate them from your future. Change must take place in the inner you before change can take place in the real world. Let balance be your watchword and if you need help then it will appear.
© Stephen Haynes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi catra,

great pictures from the trails. is this the trail starting in sierra madre or in pasadena? i ran the trail from mira monte up to mt wilson in sierra madre last weekend. what an ass whopping! :) can't get enough of it. have fun in la.

cheers!

hao

Judi said...

Yea, have fun on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Have fun this weekend.Ill be there in June.

I am gonna hit rattlesnake bar this weekend for a day of running.

I made up my own CF workout since I am not ready for split snatches for 3/28:
120 dips/120pullups/120 abs(anykind) for time.

anyway this vid was at CF.COM and made my day:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitSnohomosh_MaggieDoesMaggie.wmv

Anonymous said...

PS.
we are going to the PCT trailfest this weekend in Sac.We are gathering so much info for our hike in 20101.I know its far but we will be doing shorter backpacking on the PCT before then to get ready.

In 2010 we are only doing 2 months with Moprgans bro and such. Its the time we can be away from work.
we want to do the whole thing the year after or 2 yrs after..but that depnds on where are working and taking 4.5 months off for it..either way we are stoked about doing 2 months non the less. This year we are going to do tahoe sections adn yosimite..if you are around we should do a weekend or so , and get some tips and such from you :).

My uncle is on of the trail angels in oregon. Lance Davis :) he leaves stuff for hikers and notepads.

gwadzilla said...

I am trying not to be a slave to my compulsion to eat

if there is not a thought in my head
I think... what could i eat?

if I am not doing anything I think... I COULD EAT!

I eat like smokers smoke

but i am trying to be the master of my destiny rather than a slave to my compulsion