Wednesday, January 09, 2008

To love people who love you is easy. Choose to be everyone's friend, whether they like you or not. When you love and accept others as they are, you will have friends everywhere.

Flash back from the PCT, fun times! The corrupter and Litsl fighting over me.
I can't wait to get back out there and kick some ass!!!!

I’m sure you have heard the expression, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’. How true that is right now so do not judge conditions by their appearance. New opportunities, new possibilities, or possibly a second chance, are just around the corner. All things are cyclical and evolutionary, just like the caterpillar turns to a chrysalis, so the chrysalis becomes the butterfly - each serving its purpose, each part of the other, so understand our own lives also operate in this evolutionary or metamorphic way. Keep an open mind and the truth will be clear, you will be shown the way. © Stephen Haynes

6 comments:

Stuart said...

Deep...

Gregg Lynn said...

Catra--you're a huge inspiration!

Mark Tanaka (Ultrailnakaman) said...

Okay, Catram so here I am formally tagging you, hopefully you don't find the set questions too confining.

I thought it would be cool to read your answers because you do so many amazing things, many of which aren't under the format of a formal organized race.

Here is my blog link with the 6 questions at top (you will probably have to cut and paste, otherwise click my name if it's still up):

Unknown said...

Catra, that has a lot of deep meaning. I love it and it is often how I live my life. I like the fact that you are doing PCT again. Is that correct? I am also planning to do it maybe in 2009. I have a brand new blog just dedicated to my running, cycling and adventures. Check it out. You are definetly an inspiration to everyone. Keep it going girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Catra,

You've been a great inspiration to me for ultra running! I've got the bug now after doing my first one (Helen Klein) in Nov. I hope to do Rio Del Lago this year and start my own list of 100's! I also love your always-positive outlook, because I always live my life that way, too! Take care!

Jose

litsl said...

Hi Catra

Nice photo! Just for the record - we weren't really fighting of course! Just having a bit of a Jerry Springer style photo shoot moment!

Good luck with your future PCT Plans.

Litsl