Friday, January 25, 2008

Fun in the Mud!!! Pictures from the HURT 100. Photos by akabill

Catra leading Andy, who later went on to kick my ass at the HURT 100, and who finished the 100 mile race.
Believe it or not, this was a good runnable section. Yeah, right!!!
Me after many falls, just trying to suck it up and not be a sissy, and finish at least 100k. Look at all the mud on me, and it only got worse.
I’m sure you have heard the expression, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’. How true that is right now so do not judge conditions by their appearance. New opportunities, new possibilities, or possibly a second chance, are just around the corner. All things are cyclical and evolutionary, just like the caterpillar turns to a chrysalis, so the chrysalis becomes the butterfly - each serving its purpose, each part of the other, so understand our own lives also operate in this evolutionary or metamorphic way. Keep an open mind and the truth will be clear, you will be shown the way.

5 comments:

Miss SassyLaLa said...

You are awesome. I always check your blog but today I wanted to leave a comment. You are an inspiration. I also think that your tattoos are awesome.

Stuart said...

Brutal conditions, good to see you still had a smile on your face!

Chris said...

I love running in the mud and that looks like an amazing race. congrats! Curious to know if you'd be interested in being part of a testgroup to try 4 new PROBAR flavors. E-mail me at probarfeedback [at] Gmail [dot] com. Thanks

Catra said...

Hi Chris-
I emailed you already. Here's my email in case you didn't get mine.
catrarunner@yahoo.com
yes, I'm interested ilove Probars.
Catra

Catra said...

ahh...Hi Cheryl thank you so much.
I'm going to hop on over to your blog to check it out. Thanks again for the comment you made me feel great.
Catra