Wednesday, December 12, 2007

THE SCENT OF THE FLOWER IS CARRIED BY THE WIND, ONLY GOING WHERE THE WIND BLOWS, BUT YOUR VIRTUE RADIATES IN ALL DIRECTIONS, TOUCHING EVERYTHING.
Windy run yesterday on Mission peak.
Mission Peak trail
Sun setting behind trees.
On my way down from Mission Peak
"Rash decisions or actions undertaken without forethought could result in a dead-end. Don’t just blindly forge ahead. Re-examine how you have dealt with situations in the past, they may not be the way to deal with things now. Perhaps new thinking, or a new way of doing things, is what is called for now. In spite of everything you will learn from your experience and shake off those blocks or obstacles. Sometimes you need more perspective so stand back and take a second look. © Stephen Haynes"

8 comments:

GB said...

You are so fortunate to live close to Mission Peak. I wish I was more of a runner back when I used to live in Fremont. I would've been running those trails all the time. But now I can only daydream about it. ho hum, woe is me.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the first pic of you, superstar!!
WE MUST SEE ROCKY SOON!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cat',

I remerber of this way, it was nice and beautiful...
i hope i will be back over there...;)
i hope you're wel!!!

luv,
ju

Catra said...

Michelle-
I will make sure to get Mr. rocky to pose for me today so I can put some new Rocky pictures up ;)
Catra

ms said...

In Swedish I just said;

"On internet I´ve just found this place:
so totally different
worlds apart

but still..."


check her out...

Jen's Gym at Crossfit Watertown, CT said...

The weather looks awesome! It's cold and rainy here in DC...I need the sun! You look happy and healthy!

Catra said...

Hey GB-
Funny how life goes. I lived in Fremont almost all my life. It wasn't until 98 when I summited Mission Peak the first time. I have been to the top well over 2,000 times :)
GB you have to run the Ohlone 50k it starts in Fremont and finishes in Del Valle you would love it!
Catra

Lansen said...

Hey Catra,

I like the quote at the start of this post. Seems timely some how.

We just had a big ole ice storm in missouri that completely distroyed the trails. Time to trade bikes and running shoes for chainsaws for the rest of the winter I guess.

Happy trails!

Lansen