Saturday, May 19, 2007

So I decided not to run the ohlone 100 mile run i do ever year and finish with the 50k. I am running out of time and in reality I have so much to do. Yes, I'm sad;( but I know in my heart I made the right choice. I don't even have time to run the 50k tomorrow. But I will show up and run the first 10 miles at 5am to check ribbions. I will then wait for the runners to pass through the first aid station. Me & Ju will go back home finish packing our resupply boxes. I hope to be back to the finish line at 3pm.
I wish all my friends good luck at the Ohlone 50k.

I got my hair braided Thursday took 8 hours. I realized after it was done they were way to thick and heavy. My braider Sydney used way to much hair. But I didn't think about it at the time. . I loved the way they looked but I knew there was no way in hell I could fastpack 2,666 miles with all the extra weight on my head. I would of been cutting the braids out the first day on the trail. Not to mention if I got them wet my head would of weighed 10 pounds ;)
So I went back yesterday for 10 hours to have them taken down and redone.
Now they are perfect.
I beleive this all happened for a reason and I was not meant to run the Ohlone 100 this year.
My higher power was telling me rest and get everything ready for the PCT. The Ohlone 100 will be waiting when I return. Yes, I plan on running it in September sometime.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

just when i think you can't get any hotter. i love your braids. good luck on your pct adventure. jerry

Anonymous said...

yes, woman. rest. and maybe even cut way back. sort of taper. hit the trail boiling with sheer energy, make those braids shimmer like a rainbow, get in the groove, put 'er in gear and everyone on the trail get da heck outta yer way! the diva is coming! fly diva fly!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same as Jerry. You are truly gorgeous Catra. Everything about you is beautiful.

Aussie

Anonymous said...

Atta girl! Know when to say no. Smart move, I'm sure. Your hair looks awesome, and you look so pretty holding your little son.
Many hugs,
~Jo Lynn

Catra said...

Hey Jerry-
Thanks :) and I will have tons of FUN!!!
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Anon-
Thanks you are so right. Some times it's hard to jus rest but I am.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Aussie-
You are to kind thank you for the compliments.
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Jo Lynn-

How about Tuesday the short loop with the boyz???
Good luck tomorrow call me after your race and let me know how it goes.
Love ya Miss Ya,
Catra

Anonymous said...

Tuesday, the short loop with the boys would be a HUGE treat!! And, thanks for remembering my race tomorrow -- I'll call you.
Hugs,
~Jo Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra,
I can do Monday instead of Tuesday. Thanks again for the nice wishes on my race today.
~Jo Lynn

JeffO said...

That Rocky is one LUCKY DOG!!! LOL

Good luck with your logistical nightmare. Food is the most tedious part.