Monday, November 06, 2006

DIRT DIVA & DIRTY GIRL( Xy Weiss)
Javelina 100 miler(26:59)
I want to first say if it wasn't for Xy I wouldn't be going for 4 100's in a row.
The only reason I ended up running this race this year was because of her. I volunteered to pace & crew her two weeks ago. She booked my flight called me back and said if I pay for your entry will you run the whole thing. I didn't think twice and said yes. She said how many people would sign up to run with her on a moments notice not just anyone. That's right! I'm always ready to run 100 miles. So it was a plan. We would run 29:00 hours.
Xy had me run in front of her the whole race I told her I would be the carrot & she was the rabbit.
I felt great almost the whole way, the last 10 miles was tough but it always is. I'm glad I never felt bad because in the night Xy was having problems. She was fine with me running ahead. I would run with her half way between aid stations and make sure she was ok than run ahead and wait. I would end up waiting 10-15min. I was running strong at night and felt fine. I was suprised after winning the 24 hour run.
We ended up getting lost coming out of Headquarters aid station on our 6th loop. So we did an extra 3 mile. There was actually a group of us, who ended up getting lost there. JR ended up being lost and doing extra 7 miles.

Xy is tough and even when she's having problems she smiles and is friendly. She won the Ms. Congeniality award. hmm wonder why ;)

We both finished strong ,at the end we cross the finish line holding hands and smiling. Our time was only 30 min. slower than last year for me. And we finished a couple hours faster than our plan.
I had a great time running the whole 100 miles with such an amazing person. If it wasn't for Xy I would not be going for 4 100's in 4 weeks.
This weekend Mother Road 100.
Thanks Xy for the fun time. Your the best.
Catra
 Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Olga said...

Awesome job, girls! Wonderful to have friends like both of you.

Ultra Okie said...

way to go girl. You are so awesome. See you Friday for the MotherRoad meet and greet at Hargroves house. Have a safe trip.

xo
Steve

Catra said...

Hey Olga-
Thanks sista. Wish you were there running. I hope your doing well.
XOXO,
Catra

Anonymous said...

Great Job girlie!!!!!!!
proud of you and Xy...
ju

Catra said...

Hey Ju-

Thanks!!! Hey your race is this week right???
XOXO,
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Ju-

Thanks!!! Hey your race is this week right???
XOXO,
Catra

Anonymous said...

yeah right it's this WE
i'm very excited i'm just little bit afraid because in France the weather is much cold 0°C i don't know in farenheit..
but i like cold weather!!!!!
ju

Jessica DeLine said...

way to go for both of you!

Catra said...

Hi Jessica-
Thanks :)
Catra

Steve Ansell said...

Congrats...yet again! You continue to inspire those of us who still aspire (excuse the rhyme). Did I not say that XY has the best outfits? She outdid herself this time! You really should have kept your supergirl costume since you were running with wonder woman :-)

-Steve