Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Mom..
This is why I run! She gave me the gift of life because of her I am able to run. My Mom passed away 4 years ago and I still miss her everyday. She is my angel who guides me on those long and lonely times during my 100 mile race's. I call on her during my darkest a tough times during my race's. She will be with me and pacing me, this weekend during WST like she always does during my 100's ,along with my Dad who passed away when I was 17 and my sister Peggy 1 year ago. They are why I run to make them proud because they believe in me.............Catra
 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like much these words… what is important… is to remember nothing can't remove us the memories!!! some people think only of the objects but the thought is most important…
I would have a thought for them on my double TGV .
Hang on!!!

Catra said...

Julien-
You always say the sweetiest things..
Hey whats TGV???
XOXO,
Catra

Anonymous said...

TGV is “Tour des glaciers de la vanoise”
the race made 75K with 14000 feet of climb me I leave during the day before making the race only and the following day I leave with true the race
and for i made 150K with 28000 feet of climb

it's crazy....

Catra said...

Hey Ju-
You are crazy... :)
Catra

Catra said...

Hey Dmitry-
Thanks!!!

Catra

beckyjsacto said...

Catra,

It was so nice meeting you out on the trail -- I'm sorry you had to drop, but you seemed OK with it. I too was carrying some memories with me. I'd won a rabbit's foot at the WS lottery in December, and I attached a copy of my late father's Hoopa tribal registry card, the house key that belonged to my mom's significant other (the man who gave me away at my recent wedding, then died two days later), and a copy of the 23rd Psalm that my mom gave me after my dad passed in '92. While I don't run nearly as much as you, I know that feeling of being more connected to these loved ones when out on the trails & feeling them push me when everything else is saying "STOP!"

Catra said...

Hey Becky-
Checked out your blog love it!!

I'm sorry you didn't make it. The trail will always be there. I hope to see you again you are a super nice person would love to talk again.

Becky I believe all the friends and family who have passed away become our Guardian angels. they guide us along in our journeys. always stay positive.
XOXO,
Catra